We're an international, cross-disciplinary team, hailing from backgrounds including software engineering, electrical engineering, computer vision, machine learning, and personal informatics. If you're interested in working with us, get in touch or swing by. Our contact emails are: email@example.com.
For all general inquiries, collaborations, and requests, please email Christian at christian/holz#inf/ethz/ch.
Fiorella Meyeradministrative assistant. operations and logistics.
Liliana Barriosneurological health monitoring. co-advised with Friedemann Mattern.
Paul Strelicomputational interaction in mixed reality. master's from Imperial College London in EE/CS.
Max Moebusapplied statistics for large datasets. master's from University of Oxford in Statistics.
Julia Chendirect doctorate at ETH CS. previously undergrad at Georgia Tech in CS.
Tiffany Luongaffective virtual reality. previously at INRIA with Anatole Lecuyér.
Eric Weberindustrial design & physical prototyping. intern from ZHDK.
Rayan Armaniwearable sensing for interaction in mixed reality. student research assistant.
Yi Fei Chengcomputational virtual user interfaces. intern from Swarthmore College.
- Hugo Romat (embodied pen+touch interaction). next: Research Engineer in the NUI team at Microsoft Redmond, WA.
Current thesis students
- Thomas Roberts (ETH CS M.Sc. / Imperial College London.)
- Fabio Bazzi (M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC.)
- Rachel Schuchert (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Jens Brunner (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Alexander Eichhorn (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Simon Boehi (ETH CS B.Sc. co-advised with Byungsoo Kim)
- Michael Thomas Schlegel (ETH CS B.Sc. co-advised with Byungsoo Kim)
Past visitors and interns
- Jiaxi Jiang (learning-based signal processing. visiting from RWTH Aachen). contributed to ACM CHI 2022 publication TapType.
- Mohamed Kari (semantic AR and VR. visiting from University of Duisburg-Essen & Porsche)
- Karan Ahuja (3D from 2D. visiting from CMU HCII). led to ACM UIST 2021 publication TouchPose.
Past master's thesis students
- Guy Luethi (ETH CS M.Sc.)
- Huajian Qiu (EPFL Computational Science M.Sc.)
- André Rodrigues (Universidade Nova de Lisboa CSE M.Sc.)
- Stephanie Vogt (ETH MAVT M.Sc.). next: Development engineer at Helbling Technik AG, Zürich.
- Daniel Gstoehl (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: Engineer at Passiv Energie Japan.
- Marilou Beyeler (ETH CS M.Sc.)
- Philippe Andreu (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: Deep learning engineer at presize, Munich.
- Christian Knieling (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: Software Engineer at ESRI R&D Zürich.
- Nikola Kovacevic (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: PhD student at the Computer Graphics Lab, ETH CS.
- Danil Ivanov (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: Full stack developer at Felfel Zürich.
- Alice Mylaeus (M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC). next: APM at Google Zürich.
- Manuel Meier (M.Sc. Electrical Engineering, D-ITET, ETH EE). next: PhD student with us.
Past undergrads and project students
- Catherine Schmit (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Valentin Bieri (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Cyrill Künzi (ETH ITET M.Sc.)
- Christoph Salzer (ETH MAVT B.Sc.)
- Emanuel Pytlik (ETH ITET M.Sc.)
- Francois Pailleau (M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC)
- Joshua Steiner (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Thomas Fischer (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Christian Rubin (ETH ITET M.Sc.)
- Rayan Armani (M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC)
- Jannik Gartmann (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Markus Pobitzer (ETH Robotics B.Sc. D-MAVT)
- Jonathan Lampérth (ETH CS B.Sc.). led to open source release SVG2Keynote.
- Boris Bernegger (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Fabian Mächler (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Janik Baumer (ETH MAVT M.Sc.)
- Yves Kempter (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Guillaume Thivolet (ETH ITET M.Sc.)
- Lukas Walker (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Tom Cinbis (ETH CS M.Sc.)
- Nicole Wenzinger (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Clemens Bachmann (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Chris Buob (ETH CS B.Sc.)