We're an international, cross-disciplinary team, hailing from backgrounds including software engineering, electrical engineering, computer vision, machine learning, and personal informatics.
For all general inquiries, collaborations, and requests, email Christian at christian/holz#inf/ethz/ch.
Christian Holzphysical computing. team lead.
Fiorella Meyeradministrative assistant. operations and logistics.
Manuel Meiersensing and embedded systems. master's with Lothar Thiele at ETH ITET/EE.
Liliana Barriosneurological health monitoring. co-advised with Friedemann Mattern.
Hugo Romatembodied pen+touch interaction. previously at INRIA with Caroline Appert.
Paul Strelidata-driven methods. master's from Imperial College London.
Julia Chendirect doctorate at ETH CS. previously undergrad at Georgia Tech.
Andreas Fenderaugmented reality & virtual reality. previously at Aarhus with Jörg Müller.
Roman Kuschemedical devices. consulting bioengineer. researcher at Fraunhofer.
Current thesis students
- Stephanie Vogt (on-body actuation for pain management, ETH MAVT M.Sc. Co-advised with Mirko Meboldt).
- André Rodrigues (cross-device interaction toolkit, Universidade Nova de Lisboa CSE M.Sc. External master's thesis).
- Christian Knieling (high-fidelity avatar interactions in VR, ETH CS M.Sc. Co-advised with Olga Sorkine-Hornung).
- Nikola Kovacevic (detecting personality traits on mobile devices, ETH CS M.Sc. Co-advised with Markus Gross).
- Tom Cinbis (modeling heat dissipation in urban environments, ETH CS M.Sc.).
- Danil Ivanov (VR interactions through avatars, ETH CS M.Sc.).
- Philippe Andreu (unobtrusive under-skin sensing, ETH CS M.Sc.).
- Fabian Mächtler (Mobile cognitive fatigability assessment, ETH CS B.Sc.).
- Lukas Walker (first-person interaction with machinery in AR, ETH CS B.Sc. Co-advised with Andreas Kunz).
Past master's students and visitors
- Alice Mylaeus (pain alleviation using on-body robotics, M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC). next: APM at Google.
- Karan Ahuja (3D from 2D, visiting from CMU HCII).
- Manuel Meier (vital tracking in extreme situations, M.Sc. Electrical Engineering, D-ITET, ETH EE). next: PhD student with us.
Past undergrad students
- Nicole Wenzinger (posture monitoring using wearable devices, ETH CS B.Sc.).
- Clemens Bachmann (ink-based interaction, ETH CS B.Sc.).
- Chris Buob (audio and motion synchronization, ETH CS B.Sc.).