We're an international, cross-disciplinary team, hailing from backgrounds including software engineering, electrical engineering, computer vision, machine learning, and personal informatics. If you're interested in working with us, get in touch or swing by. Our contact emails are: email@example.com.
For all general inquiries, collaborations, and requests, please email Christian at christian/holz#inf/ethz/ch.
Fiorella Meyeradministrative assistant. operations and logistics.
Liliana Barriosneurological health monitoring. co-advised with Friedemann Mattern.
Paul Strelicomputational interaction in mixed reality. master's from Imperial College London in EE/CS.
Max Moebusapplied statistics for large datasets. master's from University of Oxford in Statistics.
Bjoern Braunphysiological computing. master's at ETH Zürich in Robotics, Systems and Control.
Andy Kongdirect doctorate at ETH CS. previously undergrad at CMU HCII.
Tiffany Luongaffective virtual reality. previously at INRIA with Anatole Lecuyér.
Christoph Gebhardtadaptive systems. previously at Tinamu Labs.
Shkurta Gashimobile health monitoring. ETH AI Center fellow. previously at U Svizzera Italiana with Silvia Santini.
Huajian Qiuanimation in Virtual Reality. intern from EPFL.
- Hugo Romat (embodied pen+touch interaction). next: Research Engineer in the NUI team at Microsoft Redmond, WA.
Current thesis students
- Rayan Armani (M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC.)
- Lara Lenz (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Derek Witzig (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Robin Hänni (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Robin Rudin (ETH CS B.Sc.)
Past visitors and interns
- Yi Fei Cheng (research intern. computational virtual user interfaces. visiting from Swarthmore College). led IEEE ISMAR 2022 publication ComforTable User Interfaces. next: Ph.D. student at CMU HCII.
- Julia Chen (direct doctorate at ETH CS). next: PhD student at the Computer Vision Lab, ETH CS.
- Alicia Guo (research intern. mixed-initiative interaction. visiting from MIT CSAIL)
- Eric Weber (student research assistant. industrial design & physical prototyping. visiting from ZHDK)
- Rayan Armani (student research assistant. wearable sensing for interaction in mixed reality)
- Jiaxi Jiang (research intern. learning-based signal processing). led ECCV 2022 publication AvatarPoser, contributed to ACM CHI 2022 publication TapType.
- Mohamed Kari (semantic AR and VR. visiting from University of Duisburg-Essen & Porsche)
- Karan Ahuja (3D from 2D. visiting from CMU HCII). led ACM UIST 2021 publication TouchPose.
Past master's thesis students
- Thomas Roberts (ETH CS M.Sc. / Imperial College London)
- Guy Luethi (ETH CS M.Sc.) ➤ led to ACM UIST 2022 publication DeltaPen.
- Huajian Qiu (EPFL Computational Science M.Sc.) ➤ contributed to ECCV 2022 publication AvatarPoser.
- André Rodrigues (Universidade Nova de Lisboa CSE M.Sc.)
- Stephanie Vogt (ETH MAVT M.Sc.). next: Development engineer at Helbling Technik AG, Zürich.
- Daniel Gstoehl (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: Engineer at Passiv Energie Japan.
- Marilou Beyeler (ETH CS M.Sc.)
- Philippe Andreu (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: Deep learning engineer at presize, Munich.
- Christian Knieling (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: Software Engineer at ESRI R&D Zürich.
- Nikola Kovacevic (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: PhD student at the Computer Graphics Lab, ETH CS.
- Danil Ivanov (ETH CS M.Sc.). next: Full stack developer at Felfel Zürich.
- Alice Mylaeus (M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC). next: APM at Google Zürich.
- Manuel Meier (M.Sc. Electrical Engineering, D-ITET, ETH EE) ➤ led to IEEE VR 2021 publication TapID. next: PhD student with us.
Past undergrads and project students
- Rachel Schuchert (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Fabio Bazzi (M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC)
- Jens Brunner (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Alexander Eichhorn (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Simon Boehi (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Michael Thomas Schlegel (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Catherine Schmit (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Valentin Bieri (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Cyrill Künzi (ETH ITET M.Sc.)
- Christoph Salzer (ETH MAVT B.Sc.)
- Emanuel Pytlik (ETH ITET M.Sc.)
- Francois Pailleau (M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC)
- Joshua Steiner (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Thomas Fischer (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Christian Rubin (ETH ITET M.Sc.)
- Rayan Armani (M.Sc. Robotics, D-MAVT, ETH RSC)
- Jannik Gartmann (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Markus Pobitzer (ETH Robotics B.Sc. D-MAVT)
- Jonathan Lampérth (ETH CS B.Sc.) ➤ led to open source release SVG2Keynote.
- Boris Bernegger (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Fabian Mächler (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Janik Baumer (ETH MAVT M.Sc.)
- Yves Kempter (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Guillaume Thivolet (ETH ITET M.Sc.)
- Lukas Walker (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Tom Cinbis (ETH CS M.Sc.)
- Nicole Wenzinger (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Clemens Bachmann (ETH CS B.Sc.)
- Chris Buob (ETH CS B.Sc.)