for high-accuracy touch
SIPLAB: Sensing, Interaction & Perception Lab
Projects to appear and recent research
- ACM UIST 2021. TouchPose: Hand Pose Prediction, Depth Estimation, and Touch Classification from Capacitive Images.
- ACM UIST 2021. SoundsRide: Affordance-Synchronized Music Mixing for In-Car Audio Augmented Reality.
- ACM UIST 2021. AirConstellations: In-Air Device Formations for Cross-Device Interaction via Multiple Spatially-Aware Armatures.
- ACM IMWUT 2021. Smartphone-Based Tapping Frequency as a Surrogate for Perceived Fatigue. An In-the-Wild Feasibility Study in Multiple Sclerosis Patients.
- ACM IMWUT 2021. CoolMoves: User Motion Accentuation in Virtual Reality.
- ACM CHI 2021. CapContact: Super-resolution Contact Areas from Capacitive Touchscreens. (Best paper award)
In our projects, we also collaborate with faculty and students at the Department of Health Sciences and Technology (D-HEST), the Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering (D-MAVT), and the Faculty of Medicine at University of Zurich. We are also part of ETH's Competence Centre for Rehabilitation Engineering and Science.